At RoosRoast Coffee, our goal is to offer you a deeply local, eclectic, somewhat irreverent, but always friendly coffee shop experience.
1. What Information Do We Gather?
If you can’t visit our coffee shop and decide to browse our website (“Site”) instead, here’s the information that we might collect. First of all, we collect only the information you have agreed to give us and that we need when you purchase something on our Site. That might be just the basics when you input your name, address and email address to subscribe for the delivery of some of our amazing coffees. When you make a purchase, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (and we use a third-party secure vendor for this), email address and phone number.
Our Site is hosted on Shopify Inc. Click here for a full list of Merchant Storefront cookies put in place by Shopify. We’ve listed a few cookies below so you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not:
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
2. What Do We Do With the Personal Information We Collect?
We only use your personal information in ways that you allow, such as to:
- Process your transactions.
- Process your payments.
- Provide support or other services.
- Provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests.
- Send news and marketing information, if you have agreed to receive it.
- Receive your feedback.
note: We do NOT use your personal data to send marketing messages unless you have asked us to do so, and you will always have the ability to opt out of emails by unsubscribing or by sending an email to email@example.com
Finally, we may share your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other lawful request for information, or if you violate our Terms of Service.
3. Who Can Use the Information We Collect and How?
When you purchase RoosRoast products, we use trusted third-party payment processors such as PayPal and companies that securely handle your credit card information on the Shopify platform (see below for more details). Other than these trusted parties who act on our behalf and except as explained in this Policy, we do NOT transfer your personal data to unrelated third parties unless we have a legal basis to do so (if you violate our Terms of Service) or when we must respond to judicial or other government subpoenas, warrants, or orders. We will only provide this information following receipt of a valid subpoena or other legal process.
4. How Do We Protect the Personal Information We Collect?
Our Site is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases, and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Direct Payment Gateways: If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. These service providers have their own privacy policies that address the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. Thus, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand how they protect your personal information.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our Site and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms
5. How Do You Correct and Update Your Personal Data?
We aim to keep all personal data that we hold accurate, complete and up-to-date. While we will use our best efforts to do so, we encourage you to tell us if you change your contact details. If you believe that your personal data or other information we have is incorrect, incomplete, or out-of-date, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have subscribed to our newsletter, you can opt out of it at any time by unsubscribing or by contacting us at email@example.com, or by sending us a postcard with your email address to “PLEASE UNSUBSCRIBE TO E-NEWS”, RoosRoast Coffee, 1155 Rosewood Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104.
We understand the importance of protecting the privacy of all individuals, especially the very young. Our services are intended for United States audiences over the age of 18. Our Site and its services are not directed to children, and you may not use our services if you are under the age of 13.
7. What Happens When You Link to a Third-Party Web Site?
9. What If You Have Questions?If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you can give us a call during business hours at 734-222-9202 or contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org